The Ultimate Training Camp - Mont Tremblant
June 3rd - 5th 2016
Mont Tremblant Ultimate Triathlon Training Camp
Join Olympic Team and Ironman Coach Philippe Bertrand, along with competitive triathlete and LifeSport Coach Louis Therien, for a special preparation camp for the incredibly popular Ironman and Ironman 70.3 Mont-Tremblant course!
The weekend will include a thorough analysis of all aspects of the Mont Tremblant race course. Participants will gain first-hand experience by learning how to efficiently tame the bike course climbs, ride the flatter sections smoothly and learn how to gain time on the fast descents. During the fully supported ride, athletes will also ride the Chemin Duplessis section several times (the difficult last 20km of the bike course) to better understand its challenges and to create a personal game plan for when they tackle it on race day!
The same analysis will be done for the out and back run course by identifying each of the different sections the athletes will face on race day. By training on course, athletes will be better prepared mentally and physically and will be able to prepare for what will be in store for them leading up to race day. The weekend will also include work on open water swim techniques including starts, drafting and pacing.
Discussions will take place to educate participants on nutrition strategies for long distance racing, as well as proper race day equipment selection. Other topics covered will include pacing strategies for all three disciplines and preparing for race day conditions! A transition clinic will be held to help athletes shave those extra free minutes off their times.
LifeSport's training camps are designed to suit anyone from the first time Ironman/Ironman 70.3 competitor, the experienced athlete or triathletes who are looking for a great learning opportunity. All participants gain extensive practical training knowledge and personalized tactical information to guarantee race day success!
All rides and runs will be fully supported.
Contact Office@LifeSportCoaching.com for more information
What You Get
- Specific Coached Training Sessions on the Mont Tremblant Course
- Supported Open Water Swim Session + Bike & Run Course Reconn.
- PowerBar Triathlon Training Nutrition
- Expert Coaching Regarding Pacing & Heart Rate on Bike & Run Courses
- Camp Souvenirs
- Camps are open to triathletes of all abilities.
FRIDAY, JUNE 4TH
- 10:00am – 10:15am: Meet and Greet
- 10:15am – 11:15am: Presentation - Weekend Goals + Lecture; Ironman/Ironman 70.3 Nutrition - Dealing with Heat, Hydration and Nutrition Strategies, Calorie Intake, Sodium, Fluids, Caffeine and, Creating Your Own Proven System
- 11:15am – 12:15pm: Run Training: Base run (first and last section of the IM run course ) 8-10km.
- 2:15pm – 3:30pm Swim training (St-Jovite aquatic Center)
- 3:30pm – 4:30pm: Running technique and drills (St-Jovite Track)
- 6:00pm – 7:45pm: Optional dinner
SATURDAY, JUNE 5TH
- 7:30am - 8:00am: Lecture; Ironman/Ironman 70.3 Bike Course - Bike Course Details, Racing and Pacing Strategies
- 8:15am - 15:30pm: Training; Long Bike - Supported Ride on the Ironman
- Course (support vehicle with spare wheels and feeding) Multiple options based on goals and ability – up to the full 180km.
- 12:30pm - 4:30pm: (depending on individuals) Training; Run - Transition Run on the Ironman Run Course 5-15km again dependent on individual.
- 5:30pm: Training Debrief and Question Period
- 6:00pm: Group Social Dinner*
SUNDAY, JUNE 6TH
- 7:00am – 8am: Swim training St-Jovite
- 8:00am - 11:15am: Training; Long Run on the Ironman course 15-30km.
- 1:00pm – 3:15pm: Training; Bike – Hill technique +Recovery Ride
- 3:15pm – 4 pm: Coaches Q & A, Camp Wrap Up and Goodbyes
*Camp fees include training, coaching, facilities, camp souvenirs, and training nutrition. Travel, meals and accomodation are not included. All entries are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Ermitage du Lac - Les Suite Tremblant
150 Chemin du Cure Deslauriers
Mont Tremblant, QC J8E 1C9
Only 30 spots Available!!!