Breakthroughs happen in the most unlikely of places. Pre-season camps are an awesome opportunity to challenge yourself, push through previously existing barriers and bump your fitness to the next level. It’s also an opportunity to meet new people, see beautiful places and treat yourself in an all-triathlon environment for a few, focused days.
Join us in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina from May 3-10 for a breakthrough camp that will challenge and inspire you. This bike-focused camp will improve your climbing and descending skills and include a ride up Mt. Mitchell, the highest mountain east of the Mississippi. We will offer individual swim stroke analysis and practice our open water skills in nearby Lake James. There will be runs, bricks and lectures on topics critical to your success in 2023. With beautiful accommodations and meals provided by our partners at First Bourn, we’ll train and eat together; strive and struggle together. You will emerge a stronger, more informed, more confident cyclist and triathlete.
LifeSport coaches Lance Watson, Juliet Hochman and Jeff Sankoff will be on point for 8 days of focused workouts, technical sessions, lectures, clinics and more. Camp will include:
- Bike-focused camp with challenging rides 5 out of our 6 full training days with several 3+ hour workouts including Mt. Mitchell, at 6684′ in elevation.
- “Lake Training Day” at beautiful Lake James, with an open water swim, picnic lunch, trail run and brewpub dinner.
- Supplementary run, swim and brick workouts.
- Technical swim session with individual stroke analysis and open water swim practice
- Clinics on race nutrition, pacing, transitions, brick training, race preparation and run biomechanics.
- Accommodation – king bed with private bath – provided in First Bourn’s “Farmhouse,” a scenic, serene, off-grid location with 5500+ SF of living space.
- All meals, snacks and training nutrition provided.
- Full SAG wagon support
- SWAG bag with camp goodies.
- Coaching and support from the best in the business!
Arrival and departure details:
Friday, May 3. Introductions and camp overview. Check in is at 3pm; dinner and our first camp program will start at 6pm. Please plan your travel accordingly. Closest major airport is Charlotte, 1:45 away. Closest regional airport is Asheville. Recommend athletes coordinate to rent cars together.
Saturday May 4-Thursday May 9. Bike, bike some more. Run. Swim. Eat. Learn. Sleep. Eat some more. Rest. Learn. Make new friends. Learn new skills. Be inspired. Laugh often. (More details coming closer to camp).
Friday, May 10. Morning training session. Check out is at 11am. Drive to Charlotte to travel home or stay around the region for the weekend to explore by bike or by foot.
Cost: $2300. (LifeSport and TRiCLUB athletes get a $200 discount until December 31 – use code LANCE at checkout). Does not include travel or state and local lodging tax.
Registration is open! Sign up here!
This camp is limited to 12 athletes. 50% refund until March 22, 2024 (6 weeks before camp). After March 22, no refund unless your spot is filled.